Thursday, October 24, 2013

MDS Blog Hop--Homecoming 2013

It's time for October MDS Blog Hop's "what we're working on" project.  Many of you may have come from Jeanna B's blog--she always has such fun projects to share.  Just a couple weeks ago, my baby went to her last Homecoming dance of high school!  I can't believe she's a senior!! {sniff, sniff} She and her friends decided that since none of them got asked to the dance, they would go together (I wish I could've done that in HS!) Kylie and I went to the Fashion Show mall on Las Vegas Bvld (ugh!!) the week before and found a pretty dress and had a friend make a fun slip to make it just a bit longer and more pouffy (is that a word?) The day before  the dance she decided she wanted to get red Converse high tops!  For sure they were easier to dance in!!  When we went to take pictures before the dance, the sun was low and I couldn't find a spot where I wasn't getting glare or shadows...then I dropped my camera!  Yep, it's broken! Good thing for iPhones, right?  The girls went on to dinner at BJ's and then to the dance and had a blast, so much of a blast that she forgot to take any more pics (grrr!).  At least we have a few nice photos to share.


I recolored the burlap ribbon and the paper from the Number One kit.  This was a very simple page, but trying to find just the right background paper was very frustrating!  Anyone else have that problem? Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one! {wink} I love that you can recolor embellishments and background papers!  It opens up a whole world of possibilities for your digital crafting projects.  If you haven't tried MDS, make sure you download the 30 day free trial--there's nothing to lose.  Ok, before you hop on over to Julie Leblanc's blog, I have to congratulate our own Holly and Amber for being selected for Stampin' Up!'s new MDS Design Team!  Yay!  Can't wait to see what Stampin' Up! will have them share with us!  Check out what the rest of the blog hop girls are working on and leave comments, we all love them!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment