Thursday, November 7, 2013

MDS Blog Hop--Christmas is Coming!


Yes, it really is, no matter how not ready I am!
My project is something I wanted to do last Christmas, but never got to.  I know there are some of you out there with the same issue...I start things, but I don't always finish!!!  I'm trying to do better, but it's just so hard!  And don't even ask me what I bought today, because I don't want anyone asking me later how the project is coming (Jeanna!!!)  Well, that said, I did this project at the last minute (it shows) and I may change it later, but I just wanted you to see the different ideas.


I've had these little black and red frames for a few years (sigh) and wanted to use them as ornaments on my tree but coming up with the inside has been a struggle, imagine that!!  I chose an 8 1/2 x 11 custom page on MDS and used the photo box option in the Design Center to create several small 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 photo boxes to "decorate".  I used the photo box instead of the punch option because you can change the color of the DSP, which is only a feature with photos (or DSP selected as a layer) and embellishments, not punches.  Also, if you are buying little frames, be aware that most of them do not allow for any layers or embellishments, so keep your "extras" digital (or take the glass out). I used many different downloads, so if you have a question on a specific frame, leave a comment and I will get you the info.

Download MDS for FREE for 30 days and also right now there are many wonderful downloads on sale along with the print products (see post).
Hop over to Julie L. to see her beautiful holiday project along with all the rest of the hoppers!  Remember, we have our very own brand-spankin'-new Stampin' Up! MDS Design team members; Amber, Holly, and Cori!  They are so deserving of this opportunity!  Congrats to them!
Hmmm, maybe now I should get out some of my other old projects...Nah!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment