Thursday, January 23, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--What I'm Working On

Let's see...what I'm working on???  Nothing exciting, that's for sure!  To tell you the truth, I haven't spent a whole lotta time on MDS in the last little while.  I've used it, but mostly for blog buttons and demonstrator business stuff, so I hope as you look at my lovely blog buttons, you enjoy much of the creativity that I've done with MDS this month!!  I know, sad, huh?
I do know something exciting though!  It's my BFF Jeanna B's birthday this weekend!!  Yay, Jeanna B!!!  I have a card that is an oldie but a goodie, one of my "go to's" when I need a quick card and have rev'd it up just a bit.
The DSP on this card is from Ice Cream Parlor, which is retired (I think it was a Sale-a-bration kit) but I made my own paper to fill the candles, one of my favorite features of MDS. I didn't even make a whole page of stripes, just enough for what I needed.  Here is what I did:
I added a swatch of the DSP that I wanted to coordinate with then I would just choose the Match Color option under the punch tool in the Design Center.
When I copied and pasted all my stripes, I saved my page as a .jpg file.  The next step would be to add that .jpg file to your components of MDS (see this video for adding components to MDS).  After I created my "candle" with an elongated square punch (you could also use a photo box), I selected the Paper Fill option and found my paper.

I hope that was clear as mud...if I get some time, I will try to put a video together (not promising anything though). If you have any other questions, just leave a comment.  Now head on over to Julie L.(hopefully she gets her computer working better) and continue through the hop, when you get to Jeanna B, wish her a happy birthday (Sunday)!!!
I'm ready for bed...{YAWN} good thing I'm done!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment