Thursday, February 27, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--Color Match

Sorry for the lack of posts but I have been a bit busy and have been out of town.  Now that I'm back, I'm ready to get back to creating!  When I was thinking about this project, I remembered a few pins from Pinterest that I was thinking about CASE'ing in MDS.  The one I chose was this fun, colorful card by Michelle.  I loved the vivid color of the stripes along with the contrast of the black and white.  I wanted to use a little different color combination so I went to my trusty Pinterest Color Combos board and found a light, springy color combo that I felt would go well with my project.  The only issue was that the color palette only had 6 colors and I had 8 strips.  Match Color tool to the rescue!!  
I added the flower photo with the color swatches just for the color match (it needs to be somewhere on your project), and was deleted when I was done. I hope the instructions were helpful.  Now for the finished project...
I added the sentiment along with the faux embossed background.  I think when this comes back from the printer, I will add some rhinestones to make it extra pretty.

Now it's time to hop to the rest of my friends--leave a comment, they love them!
I love to read your comments and questions, so feel free!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment