Thursday, April 10, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--I Stand All Amazed



As Easter approaches, much of the world's focus turns to new life, not only in nature but in our spiritual lives.  Twice a year, (April and October) our church has General Conference where members all over the world can hear uplifting messages from church leaders.  I look forward to it every time.  I love being reminded I am a daughter of God and He loves me and I have a Savior who atoned for my sins. One of my favorite hymns is "I Stand All Amazed" and the words convey the feelings of my heart:

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me,
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

 I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

Oh, it is wonderful, that he should care for me enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Download
The words bring tears to my eyes! Just a few weeks ago, my little primary children sang this song to me for my last Sunday as their president and I almost went into the ugly cry!  To see those little children sing at the top of the lungs "Oh, it is wonderful" just reminded me exactly why Jesus has such a love for the little children.


I pray that you all enjoy this time of reflection, remembrance, and re-birth.

I just know you will love all the projects my friends have created--make sure to leave them a quick comment ("love", "fun", "TFS", "great job", "cute" are all acceptable comments!!) we all love to hear that people are interested in what we are creating!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment