Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Watering the Flowers

I decided to break out my watercolor paper for this project for a very easy faux watercolor look.  First, I stamped my Flower Shop flower in Crushed Curry and then lightly rolled the outside edges of the stamp in Tangerine Tango, aka Rock and Roll technique.  It gives the stamp a two-toned look with just one stamp.  After I stamped the two flowers, I lightly spritzed the watercolor paper with water and just let it sit.  Our Classic ink pads are dye based, so the color runs easily with water.  When the paper was completely dry, I stamped  Off the Grid with Versamark and embossed with gold Stampin' Emboss powder.  The sentiment was first stamped with Crushed Curry and lightly spritzed with water. When dry, I re-stamped it using the Stamp-a-ma-jig and Tangerine Tango. The Tango card base was dry embossed with the Big Shot and our SAB Decorative Dots embossing folder (will be available in the next catalog).  To tie in the gold, I added small strips of Watercolor Wonder  Designer washi tape and a small punched piece of Gold Foil sheet behind the Vintage Faceted clear button.
 I wish I could spend  a little more time with my stamps, but with the packing and repair projects going on, my stamp room is more like a staging area for piles of to-be-packed items.  I hope to be stamping more regularly once we get a bit more settled.  Thanks for hanging with me through all the craziness.

Painters will be here tomorrow!  It's amazing what 20 years will do to a house!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment