Thursday, July 24, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--What Am I Working On?

Yay!  I'm finally done!  Sorry to make you wait, it's just been a crazy few days, so last night kind of caught up with me.  Well, as you can imagine we have been working on getting settled in our new home and since we now have our Stampin' Up! print services back (Hallelujah!!!) I am ready to finish my "We've moved" announcements.  I plan to add a photo to the back, but as of yesterday I've had some landscaping issues and large piles of dirt in my yard as well as electrical cords strung along the front porch to my side window well which has been filling up with water--hence the addition of a small sump pump!!  Yikes!  Once I get that all fixed, I can actually take a nice pic of my home for the back of my card.  I made 2 cards, I can't quite decided which one I like the best (just so you know, that is NOT my address!) Maybe you can help me decide.  The main downloads used are Natural Composition Overlay (my fav!), Delightful Digital tape and Back to Black overlay.


The first one is kind of fun and silly and the other one is more modern and stylish.  It's hard to believe we've been here for more than a month, I'm actually feeling more settled (still have to work on my stamp room!) I can actually relax a little bit and enjoy the summer.  Even though it's in the high 90's it's a drastic change from the 110's in Vegas, and at least it cools down in the evening so we can sit out on the "stoop" and enjoy the neighborhood.
Make sure you visit all the other talented MDS designers and please give a warm welcome to my super-duper creative friend Wendy Weixler who will be joining our blog hop. Yay!

Today is Pioneer Day in Utah, a commemoration of the day the Mormon Pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake valley in 1847, so I'm looking forward to our new neighborhood BBQ and fireworks later this evening!  As a descendent of pioneers, I'm forever grateful for the sacrifices that were made so that we could truly have the freedom to worship according to our own conscience.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment