Sunday, November 1, 2015

We Create Blog Hop--Step it Up November


How was your Halloween?  I had to work last night but it we made it fun!  It's really amazing that most of the Christmas items are on the floor already at my store and pretty much all of it is somewhere in the stockroom!  I know that shortly, the Christmas music "loop" will be playing and I will get to listen to the same Christmas songs...every. single. day.  Oh well, that's life in retail!!

This month, I made a card that really can be used all year long, but I gave it a fall look.  I love the Wonderous Wreath stamp set for that reason.  Even though it is technically a Christmas set, just changing the colors can take it through the whole year.  Now that's versatility.

The first card is a simple one-layer card with a bit of added dimension with the Linen Thread bow and a bit of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.  This was pretty much a 5 minute card (other than the drying time of the DD).
The stepped up version has some of the same details, but I used the wreath Framelit to cut out the wreath and embossed the  Very Vanilla card stock with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I used the sentiment from our new October Paper Pumpkin set (you really should sign up for Paper Pumpkin!!) I embossed the "Thinking of You" in gold embossing powder and 'fussy cut' around the words.  I tied it all together with a little bit of Cherry Cobbler seam binding (which I figured out later that we no longer carry--sorry!) You can use any trim to tie the card.
I have really enjoyed stepping up my projects the last few months! I really makes me think about the project from start to finish (I'm really a create-as-I-go type of girl!) I love the process!!

Enjoy the rest of the bloggers!

I'm sure November is going to fly by! We've had a pretty mild October, but I think our wonderful weather is over! Welcome winter!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment